A whopping 333.2 billion emails are sent daily worldwide, which gives us a none-less impressive 3.5 million electronic letters per second! That is a lot of correspondence to handle and also a great challenge for anyone who wants to make their email stand out and attract attention.
Naturally, when it comes to business emails, the recipient will devote most of their attention to the contents of the letter and its subject line. If these are no good or of no use to the reader, the email will be trashed in a second. However, the looks are important, too, as they are a way in which your brand lays the foundation for long-term relationships with customers and partners.
For many, business email signatures are more of an afterthought than a priority. However, Reply experts say, not treating your email signature with proper care is missing out on a unique opportunity for your company to declare itself as a professional and trustworthy business. Email signatures are a fantastically effective tool that companies can use to tell the business world about themselves, engage with people they are emailing on a more profound level, and make it easier for potential customers to reach out.
Here are the five key elements that should go in your email signature:
- Full name: your full name should always be the first thing the recipient sees when they come across your email signature. It also helps to include pronouns, especially if you expect to be addressed in a gender-neutral way.
- Job title and department: including affiliation information in your email signature provides your recipient with helpful context for future conversation.
- Additional contact information: if they are interested in communicating, your recipient will appreciate having more ways to reach out to you.
- Social media icons: inviting people into your social media space is an easy way to reinforce your brand image and drive more traffic to any content you share online.
- CTA: adding a simple and non-pushy call-to-action perfectly consistent with your general email style will give you an excellent sales pitch opportunity.
If you want to enhance your brand with an appealing and impactful email signature but have run out of creativity for the moment, check out Reply’s Free Email Signature Generator – https://reply.io/email-signature-generator/. This flexible and handy tool will create a great-looking email signature in seconds, and all that is left for you to do is customize individual elements to your taste!