Since 1963 Cosmograph Daytona has been manufactured for the proficient racing drivers in demand. Even after 50 years of innovation, it remains a high-class sports chronograph.
What Is Rolex Cosmograph Daytona?
In 1963, a mechanical chronograph wristwatch was formulated for the demands of racing drivers, and the wristwatch was the Rolex Cosmograph Daytona. It is created to measure the calculating average speed and elapsed time.
The founder of this chronograph was Rolex. Rolex gave the Cosmograph term. Greek cosmography symbolizes writing time. The second series of this watch was launched in 1988. The third series was launched in 2000.
- Cheapest Rolex: The cheapest Rolex is 36mm Oyster Perpetual. This is the most affordable men’s Rolex with no date stainless steel.
- Most Expensive Rolex: Paul Newman Daytona is the most expensive Rolex ever. This has an exotic diaper with the owner’s name, and popular racers scrap it.
Features Of Rolex Daytona
- Materials: Yellow Rolesor, White Gold, Stainless Steel, Yellow Gold, Platinum, Everose Gold
- Dial: Multiple options are there
- Case size: 40mm
- Functions: 12-hour chronograph, Time w/ Running Seconds
- Water Resistance: 100 Meters/330 Feets
- Bezel: Fixed, Tachymeter Scale, Cerachrom or 18k Gold
- Strap/Belt: Oysterflex Bracelet, Oyster Bracelet
- Movement: Rolex Caliber 4130
- Crystal: Sapphire(flat)
Why Is There So Much Demand?
It is the world’s most glamorous and desirable watch. To get this amazing piece in hand, the collectors sign up happily for the years of waitlists. But it has very limited production; this watch is rich in history.
How To Buy A Rolex Daytona?
To buy a Rolex Daytona, the secondary market is the place for you. Other than that, you can buy the Rolex Daytona via an authorized Rolex boutique or Rolex merchant. But you have to wait for many years to get the brand-new model of Rolex.
But in the secondary market, without any wait, you can purchase the luxurious model of Rolex Daytona. You have to pay a premium to purchase this.
If you buy from a merchant of Rolex, you can only get that model available on the production house currently and still, without getting in the waitlists for years, you can’t get the watch in your hand. But in the secondary market, you can get more options available and don’t have to be on waitlists.
In this 21st century, Rolex Cosmograph Daytona is still the most demanding and desired to watch for race driving. It is a style statement watch. This watch is mainly for rich people.